The purpose of this paper is to describe the community health nursing role of the home health nursing in the community setting of your choice. Health promotion nursing interventions and a professional nursing organization related to this role will also be examined.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
- CO5: Analyze the nursing roles in providing comprehensive care in a variety of community health settings. (PO 1)
- CO6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 4.
Points: 200 Points
Watch the tutorial on tips for completing the NR443 Community Settings and Community Health Nursing Roles assignment.
This APA paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the recommended APA Template linked below, which incorporates the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. APA formatting helps you to organize your paper in a professional manner and provides consistent methods for citing your sources and completing your reference page. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting. The Student Success Strategies resource has great sections on writing scholarly papers and APA formatting.
- The role for this paper must be on Home Health Nursing (not including hospice).
- Click to view and download the NR443 Community Settings APA Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to complete your paper. The template is formatted with the appropriate running head, title page, page numbers, paragraph formatting, and most of the headings. Please edit the headers and title page with your specific information. You are also encouraged to view the Week 4 assignment tutorial found at the end of the Academic Integrity Reminder.
- Read the chapter of your textbook on the role and take notes based on the outline below.
- Locate and read at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that is not assigned in the course related to a nurse’s role in health promotion in this setting. Go to the Chamberlain library at http:/library.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Search peer reviewed journals to find a scholarly article on this topic. The article must be less than 10 years old (less than 5 years is best).
- Thoroughly address the following categories using the APA Template that is provided.
- Introduction (one paragraph):
- The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
- Introduce the assigned community health nurse role and a community setting where this nurse may work.
- Introduce your community and where/how this CHN role is utilized in your community
- Identify population(s) served by this role in your community
- Include a purpose statement
- Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
- Describe a practice setting for the assigned CHN role.
- Describe the population(s) served in this setting.
- Discuss three health services provided by the assigned CHN role in this setting.
- You may use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
- Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
- Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) of the assigned CHN role specific to the community setting identified.
- Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions.
- Include one peer-reviewed journal article discussed that clearly relates to nursing health promotion intervention.
- Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
- Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization that supports nurses in this role in your own words. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this role. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association (ANA) website for information on this role. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
- Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to this CHN role.
- Summary (one paragraph)
The summary reiterates key points about:
- The CHN role and community setting
- Health promotion intervention
- Professional organization
- Includes a concluding statement.
- Reference Page:The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Course Resources for examples of properly formatted references.
The setting for this paper must be on Home Health Nursing (Not including hospice).
- Application: Use Microsoft Word 2010™ or later to create this assignment on the template provided.
- We highly recommend that you used the specific APA paper template for this assignment linked above as the headings are already included.
- Scholarly Writing: APA format is required. Review APA documents Course Resources, and use the free resources of tutor.com for writing tutors.
- Length: This paper is expected to be no more than 4 pages in length (not including the title page and reference list).
- Quotations should be minimal—please paraphrase your sources. A maximum of one quotation should be used for this paper.
- Save your paper with your last name in the document title (e.g., Smith Community Settings).
- Submission: Submit your paper by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 4.
- Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
Best Practices in Preparing the Paper
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
- Follow the guidelines above carefully.
- Use only the assigned CHN role
- Complete you own work.
- Use the provided APA assignment specific template.
- Ask you instructor if you have any questions.
- Visit the SSPRNBSN Student Success resource for help with writing a scholarly paper, APA formatting, and library navigation. This should be one of your course tiles.
- Use the 1st column of the grading rubric to make sure all elements of the paper are addressed.
- Cite all sources within the paper as well as on the reference page.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission with Grammarly.com or the free tutor available through the Tutoring link in the course.