2 separate assignments 2 seperate documents
PART 1: Your post should be at least 300 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources.
- How would you as a human service professional intercede differently with a client who has a diagnosis of AIDS, from a client who has been diagnosed as HIV positive? What would be your reasons for the different interventions?
- What type of prevention and interventions would you use when working with a person and his/her family with substance abuse issues? Pick two interventions and show how you would use them with the person who is abusing, as well as with that person’s family.
Your responses should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs and be 300 words in length. You should create your Seminar responses in Word making sure to follow APA format and cite all references used. Write about all the subjects below.
- Differentiate between AIDS and HIV.
- List the most common ways that HIV is transmitted to another person.
- Identify the treatment interventions you would recommend for a client with HIV and for a client with AIDS and explain why.
- Identify the most abused drug in the U.S.
- Describe what each of the following drugs does to a person where they change from being a drug abuser to a drug dependent. What are some of the characteristics of a person who uses these types of drugs (LSD, Crack, Crystal Meth, Ecstasy, Heroin)?