1. What is the impact of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) payment denial on the healthcare system, and what are the implications for our nursing practice related to documentation?
2. From the American Revolution to the present time, military nurses have played an integral role. After completing the assigned readings, select ONE situation, area, event, or person in military nursing history from those or other sources that you found to be most interesting or inspiring. Discuss this information and its impact on nursing today.
The Code of Ethics for Nurses of 2001, given by American Nurses Association (ANA), outlines the ethical basis for the nursing profession. It contains nine provisions, which cover the nurses’ responsibilities toward the patients, maintenance of their personal professional growth, and their responsibilities to the profession and community.
In a minimum of 200 words, post your response to the following:
From your experience, consider a difficult ethical example that also had a cultural dilemma. Present your example and answer the following questions based on it:
- What were the ethical dilemmas for the nurse, patient, or family?
- What were the cultural dilemmas for the nurse, patient, or family?
- How can the nurse assist the patient or family in making decisions about medical care?