For this activity, you must do independent research to determine three (3) key issues that will affect hospitals in your state’s next legislative session. Your state hospital association should have written materials concerning this matter. Also, your local papers, especially those in your state capital, have undoubtedly covered this subject thoroughly. If you are already familiar with a local hospital administrator (CEO, COO, CFO, DON, or similar party) who is active in the State Hospital Association, you may also wish to contact him/her.
Describe the three (3) issues and then for each of the issues, discuss the following.
- What position does the Association take on each statewide issue?
- What strategies does the Association have to achieve its objectives?
- What coalitions will be formed?
Examples of issues might include funding for indigent care, Medicaid reimbursement, rural health, mental health coverage, and nursing and tech training and shortages. Your Activity responses should be both grammatically and mechanically correct and formatted in the same fashion as the Activity itself. If there is a Part A, your response should identify a Part A, etc.
The purpose of this homework is to introduce you to APA style, as you will be required to use this format for all of your papers in the College of Nursing and Health Innovation. Please be sure to complete all of the steps as outlined below in order to receive full credit.
Make sure to use the assignment rubric to guide your work.
1. Locate the name of a recent (
2. Find one scholarly article related to your topic and read it.
3. Type a one page (double spaced) summary of the article you read. In your summary, make sure and use in-text citations, including page numbers if you use a direct quote. Remember, even information that is summarized must be cited to avoid plagiarism.
4. At the end of the summary, type the reference to your article in correct APA style.
5. Please include a copy of your article with your assignment submission; this can be a .pdf file. Simply attach both this template (in Word format) and the article to Blackboard when you submit.