Being able to articulate your personal worldview can help you formulate a personal philosophy of practice and enhance your influence on patients and the industry. In this assignment, you will have an opportunity to reflect on your current and future practice, and the ways worldview and nursing theory influence that practice. Draft a 1,000 word paper in which you:
1 Describe an integrative worldview, which attempts to reconcile rational thought and science with a spiritual sense of awe for the environment, including the religious, spiritual, and cultural elements that you think most influence personal philosophy of practice and attitude towards patient care.
2 Choose a specific nursing theory (Sister Callista Roy’s View of Adaptation) and discuss the similarities. Explain how the nursing theory reinforces your approach to care.
3 Finally, explain how the worldview and the nursing theory can assist in further developing future practice.You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain strategies for effective interprofessional teamwork and collaboration in health care delivery.
- Identify challenges of working in interprofessional teams.
- Describe strategies to help people work effectively together.
- Competency 2: Analyze the implications of working with interprofessional teams in multifaceted health care settings.
- Explain the meaning of the term “interprofessional collaboration” from a nursing perspective.
- Explain how interprofessional teams define success.
- Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient safety.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, interprofessional team members, and patients.