The unapproved use of approved drugs, also called off-label use, with children is quite common. This is because pediatric dosage guidelines are typically unavailable since very few drugs have been specifically researched and tested with children.
When treating children, prescribers often adjust dosages approved for adults to accommodate a child’s weight. However, children are not just “smaller” adults. Adults and children process and respond to drugs differently in their absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion. Children even respond differently during stages from infancy to adolescence. This poses potential safety concerns when prescribing drugs to pediatric patients. As an advanced practice nurse, you have to be aware of safety implications of the off-label use of drugs with this patient group.
· Review the Panther et al (2017) and Corney, Lebel, Bailey, and Bussieres (2015) articles in the Learning Resources. Reflect on situations in which children should be prescribed drugs for off-label use.
· Think about strategies to make the off-label use and dosage of drugs safer for children from infancy to adolescence. Consider specific off-label drugs that you think require extra care and attention when used in pediatrics.
With these thoughts in mind:
Write Include sub headings plz. And purpose of writing.
· an explanation of circumstances under which children should be prescribed drugs for off-label use.
· Then, describe strategies to make the off-label use and dosage of drugs safer for children from infancy to adolescence.
· Include descriptions and names of off-label drugs that require extra care and attention when used in pediatrics.
Points to follow when writing a paper:
· Please all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.
· A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings.
· Please review all rubrics.
· Check APA format/setting.
· Your final paragraph should be a summary of the key points of your paper.
· Please personalized where necessary.
Refrain from direct quote
Therefore, for all assignments including application papers and discussion posts you are required to cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines.
For instance, one source for current practice guidelines can be found at
Whether writing a discussion posting or a paper, keep a few things in mind—
1) I am looking for an explanation at the cellular or molecular level (whenever possible).
2) I am not looking for pathophysiological explanations that we would give to patients (e.g. “your heart just isn’t pumping the right way). While this explanation is acceptable for patient teaching, it will not cut it in a course titled “advanced pathophysiology.” To be very specific- I am looking for you to tell me the precise aberrancies (or theorized aberrancies) which inexorably lead to disease states. Thanks.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"