One of the goals of Healthy People 2020 is to reduce health disparities among populations. Select one of the leading health indicators as identified by Healthy People 2020 and write a research paper of 750-1,000 words on the health disparities related to that condition. For the health indicator selected, the paper should include a discussion on the following:
1) Definition of the problem
2) Descriptive epidemiology (person, place, time)
3) Etiology (causes, risk factors)
1) What disparities do we know exist for this disease?
2) Why do these disparities exist?
3) What explanations have been offered or supported?
4) What research questions have not been studied that may provide new, insightful information regarding this health problem?
1) Why is it an important public health problem?
2) What are some social, political, or economic barriers in our current health
care system that impede disease prevention and health promotion for this
3) How would you educate/disseminate information about this health problem to
the public? (target group, financial constraints)
How could one of a health administrator/manager’s general policies or
policies specific to this health condition impact the health status of the target
You are required to use a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"