The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to present the best plan of action, as a leader, assigned to make a change to a problem or issue in your place of work. If you are not presently working, use information from your prelicensure experience or previous healthcare experience. You will be using the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals to align with the problem or issue that you see in your workplace or most recent place of employment. You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation and share how you will meet one of the goals in your place of work that will solve the problem or issue you have selected.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO2)
CO2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team through communication and relationship building. (PO3)
CO3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO7)
CO7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (POs 2 and 3)
CO8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO8)
This assignment is to be submitted by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 6.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8-15 slides. Include the following. Title slide, written speaker notes, and Reference slide. Do not use Voice Over recordings. All information needs to be written in slides and speaker notes. No information in comment section will be graded.
- You are required to complete the assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- As the leader, you have identified a problem or issue related to one of the National Patient Safety Goals 2019 created by the Joint Commission that will lead to quality improvement. You will find the National Patient Safety Goals using this link: Assess the problem or issue. State the problem/issue and identify three rationales (reasons) that the problem exists. References are used. Scholarly articles must be published within the last 5 years, peer-reviewed, from the Chamberlain library only and must provide the permalink
- Review the information provided in our library
- Review the information provided in the library
- Assess the problem or issue. State the problem/issue and identify three rationales (reasons) that the problem exists. References are used.
- Determine the people who are involved in the issue and explain three reasons as to how their role will contribute to the problem or issue solution.
- Identify three solutions and discuss the purpose, cost and desired outcome.
- Pick one solution to share with the director and discuss why this solution was chosen over the others. Use a scholarly reference.
- Make an action plan to share the solution with the director and staff.
- Summarize issue, plan and desired outcome and purpose for quality improvement on slide.
- Reflect on your learning and value of doing the assignment.
- Include written speaker notes for all slides except title slide and reference slide.
- Submit your PowerPoint slideshow by 11:59 p.m. MT, Sunday, end of Week 6.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint Presentations
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
- Watch tutorial below.
- Be creative.
- Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.