Signature Assignment Title: Modern Organizations and Healthcare
Signature Assignment Description/Directions: Presentation
Nurse administrators are given an opportunity to apply the theories and principles studied from this course to realistic nursing issues, using evidence to support creative decision making. Issues were identified, gaps were described, problems were analyzed, and solutions proposed that simulated the types of decisions that advanced nurse leaders will need to make in actual nursing venues. For this presentation, the learner will:
- Develop 3 objectives for change and explain the 3 considerations on a Micro and Macro level.
- Identify three leadership strategies that can be utilized to manage positive, effective change within an organization
- Discuss how the leadership strategies chosen can support individual behaviors
- Analyze how the chosen leadership strategies can be used to improve intrapersonal and interpersonal situations
- Discuss the role of the nurse administrator as an organizational leader and change agent.
This PowerPoint® (Microsoft Office) or Impress® (Open Office) presentation should be a minimum of 20 slides, including a title, introduction, conclusion and reference slide, with detailed speaker notes and recorded audio comments for all content slides. Use at least four scholarly sources and make certain to review the module’s Signature Assignment Rubric before starting your presentation. This presentation is worth 400 points for quality content and presentation.
- Select an issue from the following list: bullying, unit closers and restructuring, floating, nurse turnover, nurse staffing ratios, use of contract employees (i.e., registry and travel nurses), or magnet designation.
- Describe the selected issue. Discuss how it impacts quality of care and patient safety in the setting in which it occurs.
- Discuss how professional standards of practice should be demonstrated in this situation to help rectify the issue or maintain professional conduct.
- Explain the differing roles of nursing leaders and nursing managers in this instance and discuss the different approaches they take to address the selected issue and promote patient safety and quality care. Support your rationale by using the theories, principles, skills, and roles of the leader versus manager described in your readings.
- Discuss what additional aspects mangers and leaders would need to initiate in order to ensure professionalism throughout diverse health care settings while addressing the selected issue.
- Describe a leadership style that would best address the chosen issue. Explain why this style could be successful in this setting.
Use at least three peer-reviewed journal articles other than those presented in your text or provided in the course.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric (LOCATED IN ATTACHMENTS) . Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.