APA format is required. Originality report requested.
The purpose of this task is to develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical practice.
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
B. Identify the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century.
1. Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures identified in part B.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
D. Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
1. Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
a. Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use an alternative therapy.
F. Apply each of the following roles to your professional practice:
• a scientist
• a detective
• a manager of the healing environment
H. Identify four leadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing.
1. Discuss the significance of the four leadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role as each of the following:
• a leader at the bedside
• within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
I. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
J. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly.