For this part of the assignment, use the “Evidence Table” from the appendix of the SNHS Doctoral Project Prospectus (DPP) to list articles that will help inform the topic you selected for your course project in the Unit 3 assignment.
Search the Capella library databases for a minimum of five peer-reviewed articles that you will use for your project topic. Complete the evidence table fully for these articles, providing all the required information.
Review Chapters 7 and 8 of your How to Do a Systematic Literature Review in Nursing e-book about providing a critical review of the literature.
For the second part of the assignment, provide a critical review of at least three of the articles you included in the evidence table. In your critical review:
- Provide a one-sentence overview of the main topic of the article.
- Discuss if the article reports on a comprehensive literature review that was completed to inform the topic.
- Provide the research questions and discuss the research methodology used.
- Analyze the theoretical basis and/or conceptual framework used in the study.
- Report on the study findings and propose a possible application this article could have to your own project topic.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
[u05d1] Unit 5 Discussion 1
Levels of Evidence
Think about your own project topic for this course. In your initial post, discuss the three different levels of evidence you could apply to your own paper in this course.
- What are the levels of evidence used in the peer-reviewed articles that you found?
- Are there white papers or opinion papers on your topic?
- Is there an industry expert you could consult?
- What did you find that is not evidence based, but could be appropriate?
Provide your findings for all three levels of evidence.
Post according to the Faculty Expectations Response Guidelines. Be sure to include at least one APA-formatted citation (in-text plus full reference). The citation should be from materials you have read during this unit. It may be from course textbooks, assigned readings, or an outside source.
Respond to the posts of other learners according to the Faculty Expectations Response Guidelines. In your response, explain why you decided to respond to this particular post. Ask a question, propose additional sources of evidence, or build upon foundational knowledge to continue the discussion thread and further conversation. If your response offers an alternative viewpoint or refers to the ideas or work of others, it must be supported by citing an outside scholarly source, using APA style.
Topic from week 3
Antibiotics are commonly given to patients who are diagnosed with infections. Even though the drugs are useful to fight most infection, but the overuse of them can bring more health issues. The overuse of antibiotics can be due to poor recording. Patients who have been readmitted in an organization can be easily given the antibiotics if records are not well kept. A healthcare provider needs to have a history of the patient before making any prescription to avoid overuse of antibiotics.