Create a 4-6 page annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you.
For this assessment, you will select and research a current health care problem or issue faced by a health care organization. Read each portion of the assessment carefully and use the Suggested Resources to help you complete the assessment. This assessment provides an opportunity to apply research skills to a current health care problem or issue.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
· Identify academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to a health care problem or issue and describe the criteria used for the literature search.
· Summarize what was learned from developing an annotated bibliography.
Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
· Assess the credibility and relevance of information sources.
· Analyze academic peer-reviewed journal articles using the annotated bibliography organizational format.
Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
· Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, a family member, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
· How do you approach a problem or issue within your organization, when you observe it?
· How often have you needed to find credible information to solve a personal or professional problem? How did you find the information you needed?
· What are peer-reviewed resources? Why are peer-reviewed resources considered to be credible and valid?
· How would you explore evidence-based best practices in your field of study?
Apply the Socratic approach
Applying the Socratic approach to problem solving helps you identify gaps and improve your thinking when writing papers or completing projects. The questions may be used to spark new insights when responding to discussion topics and posts.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"