Write a paper in which you apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Refer to “Communicable Disease Chain,” “Chain of Infection,” and the CDC website for assistance when completing this assignment.
Communicable Disease Selection
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
1) Describe the chosen communicable disease, including causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment, and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence)
A) Is this a reportable disease? If so, provide details about reporting time, whom to report to, etc.
2) Describe the social determinants of health
A) Explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
3) Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected.
A) Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors.
B) Are there any special considerations or notifications for the community, schools, or general population?
4) Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collection, data analysis, and follow-up)
A) why demographic data are necessary to the health of the community.
5) Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen
A) describe how the organizations contribute to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
6) Discuss a global implication of the disease.
A) How is this addressed in other countries or cultures?
B) Is this disease endemic to a particular area? Provide an example.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"