Describe the use of electronic health records in patient care.
HI300 Unit 9 Assignment
Unit outcomes aIDressed in this Assignment:
? Identify current software applications and services available to the healthcare provider that can save time, money, and access to quality healthcare which lends to patient safety.
Course outcome(s) assessed/aIDressed in this Assignment:
HI300-6: Describe the use of electronic health records in patient care.
For this Assignment you will explore Practice Fusion, a free Web-based EHR. You will visit the Practice Fusion website below and create your own free EHR account. You will find instructions in Doc Sharing in your course on how to create your own student account in Practice Fusion. Follow those instructions and once you gain access to the EHR, you will be able to complete the Assignment.
Write a paper that answers the following questions in paragraph format:
1. Describe your experience with the Web-based EHR.
2. What set of standards would apply to the Web-based EHR in acute or ambulatory care settings? Your response should be based on what you know about standards and regulations for EHRs or electronic information systems.
3. Discuss the possible challenges one would face to convince healthcare providers to use this type of EHR.
4. What features did you see in the EHR that were helpful? How could other facilities benefit from these features?
5. What impressed you about the Web-based EHR?
? The Assignment should be three pages in length, prepared in a Microsoft Word document.
? Follow APA style format and citation guidelines, including Times New Roman 12 point font and double spacing.
? Include a title page and reference page. Length requirements do not include the title page, and the reference page.
? This Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English featuring correct grammar, punctuation, style, and mechanics.
? Include at least three scholar references. The course textbook counts as one reference. All sources must be scholarly. Wikipedia is an example of a resource that is not acceptable. Use APA style for all citations including course materials
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"