Use technology to solve specific business problem of a start up business in the medical field such as home health care; create a business model that will support a new start up company; step by step method/database that will aid in helping a veteran select the best plan/options/route in starting a business in the home healthcare industry…(idea is flexible)
Managerial Applications of Information Technology
12 March 2016
I will discuss a startup business in the medical field; home health care; I will create a business model that will support a new startup company.
Business Problem Statement
Lack of support for small business startup.
Name of the Company/Organization
TBD – it’s a startup.
Description of Proposed Solution
Create a step by step method/database that will aid in helping a veteran select the best plan/options/route in starting a business in the home healthcare industry’ either through purchasing a franchise or a startup.
General Benefits it Will Provide the Organization
How a specific database with gather data to support a process that will aid in supporting best courses of actions in planning a startup.
Veterans wishing to startup and “Veteran Owned Business”.
4-5 references to be used.
Write paper on some aspect of e-commerce. Tie it into targeted advertising, tie the back-end databases that are necessary to support e-commerce. For example, how databases contain information that allows vendors to target their audience and what those databases are.
The table of contents for the Course Project proposal:
• Subject of Course Project
• Business problem statement
• Name of the company or organization
• Brief description of proposed solution
• General benefits it will provide the organization
• Audience to whom you are presenting the recommendations
The Course Project proposal is due no later than 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 2.
The project should follow the APA style of citing references in the text and on the bibliography page. No fewer than five references must be used for research and properly cited in the paper and in the bibliography.
Ensure correct spelling and grammar (use built-in tool with MS Word).
Credible reference sources are available through the DeVry Library and other sources. Please do not use Wikipedia.
The project proposal must be 2 to 4 pages in length (excluding the cover page, table of contents, bibliography and any attachments which includes images, tables or graphs), double spaced, using Times New Roman font, 12-point, using 1 inch margins and headings for the paper format requirements.
The table of contents for the Course Project:
• Cover page
• Table of contents
• Brief company background
• Discussion of business problem(s)
• High level solution
• Benefits of solving the problem
• Business or technical approach
• Business process changes
• Technology or business practices used to augment the solution
• Conclusions and overall recommendations
• High-level implementation plan
• Summary of project
Course Project Grading Rubrics (Proposal 75 points; Project 200 points)
Category Proposal Points Course Project Points % Description
Documentation and Formatting 12 30 15 A quality paper will include a title page, abstract, proper citations using APA style, and a bibliography.
Organization and Cohesiveness 15 40 20 A quality paper will include an introduction based on a well-formed thesis statement. The logical order of the content will be derived from the thesis statement. The content will be properly subdivided into sections derived from the outline. In a quality paper, the conclusion will summarize the previously presented content and will complement the thesis statement from the introduction.
Editing 12 30 15 A quality paper will be free of any spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors. Sentences and paragraphs will be clear, concise, and factually correct.
Content 36 100 50 A quality paper will have significant scope and depth of research to support any statements. Strategic implications will be explained and supported. Relevant illustrations or examples are encouraged. A quality paper will employ use of sound reasoning and logic to reinforce conclusions.
Total 75 200 100 A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements. All sections in the table of contents must be in the project to earn full credit.
Some Ideas to Identify a Business Problem
• Lack of competitiveness or profitability
• Inefficient processes
• Slow product development
• Obsolete IT organization and technologies
• Poor corporate communications
• Ongoing personnel issues
Some Benefits it Will Provide the Organization
• Financial—profitability, revenue, product costs
• Improved competitiveness
• Better marketing positioning
• Efficiency in key processes, for example, sales, manufacturing, and development
• Improved product or service quality
• Improved product development
• Better and more accurate support turnaround
• Preparation for the future—how is the organization positioning itself for future growth
Some Ideas on How the Project Could Tie Together
• As an example, you could write your paper on some aspect of e-commerce. You might tie it into targeted advertising. You could then tie the back-end databases that are necessary to support e-commerce. For example, how databases contain information that allows vendors to target their audience and what those databases are.
• Another example might be the functionality of enterprise systems. You might choose a specific enterprise system like ERP, CRM, or SCM and detail how the functionality is delivered. This could be how a business person would access this type of information.
• The business problem is high cost of IT and product development, and the benefits are profitability, faster development time, or increased sales. The solution might be Cloud computing describing the Cloud computing approach taken; for example, SaaS or Cloud virtualization.
Laudon, Kenneth C., Laudon, J. P., . (01/2015). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 15th Edition.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.